BEFORE you begin (or even consider) fighting a fire:
* Call the Fire Department (Dial 911).
* Make sure the building is being evacuated.
* Determine whether the fire is small and is not spreading.
* Confirm you have a safe path to an exit not threatened by the fire.
* Know how to use a fire extinguisher.
NEVER fight a fire if even one of the following is true:
* The fire is spreading beyond the immediate area in which it started or is already a large fire.
* The fire could block your escape route.
* You are unsure of the proper operation of the extinguisher.
* You doubt that the extinguisher you are holding is designed for the type of fire at hand or is
large enough to fight the fire.